NZEI Te Riu Roa (New Zealand Educational Institute Te Riu Roa Incorporated) respects the privacy and confidentiality of members, potential members and users of websites and social media sites that NZEI has control over under the Privacy Act 2020 and is committed to being open and transparent about how we manage your personal information.
What this policy covers
Where personal information is collected by third party web sites on behalf of NZEI Te Riu Roa the privacy policies of the respective organisations will apply except that information passed on to NZEI Te Riu Roa will then be subject to this policy.
Collection and use of personal information
NZEI Te Riu Roa gathers and records personal information for the following purposes:
• To maintain a register of members of NZEI Te Riu Roa in accordance with the Incorporated Societies Act 1908 and the Rules of The New Zealand Educational Institute (Inc.)
• To provide support and services to members
• Organising and campaigning activities
• Branch functions and activities
• Event administration
• To communicate with members and non-members
• To conduct ballots or surveys of members
• To contact potential new members
NZEI Te Riu Roa will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. But we will share limited personal information with trusted third parties that work on our behalf to:
• Distribute our email, print, social media, and other communications
• Conduct surveys or ballots
• Provide additional benefits or services to members
From time to time personal information might be provided to other third parties including:
- employers or their payroll agents in order to ensure appropriate
- employment agreement coverage and/or entitlements
In situations where NZEI Te Riu Roa is acting on behalf of an individual member, and disclosure to a third party is required, explicit permission to disclose will first be obtained.
In all such circumstances NZEI Te Riu Roa will only disclose sufficient personal information to allow the third party to undertake their function.
Third parties may not use any personal information provided by NZEI Te Riu Roa for any purpose other than that for which it was provided. We require any third parties to commit to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information provided to them.
Any personal information disclosed to NZEI Te Riu Roa by a third party will be treated in accordance with this policy.